May 7, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day!

This is my first year as a mother.  I'm super excited and proud to carry the title of MOTHER!

Last night while rocking my baby boy to sleep I was thinking about how big he is now and how much he continues to make us smile and laugh.  There's not a day that he doesn't give me a smile and a giggle, even on his worst teething days.  I've also been thinking about how little time in the day I get to spend with my little man and how I stress over getting things done when I get home from work.

I get home at about 5:30 every day and I always say hello to him and my husband, give kisses and hugs and usually go right into dishes, laundry, dinner, or crafting.  UGH... why do I worry about things like this when there may be something new Aaron learned to do that I haven't seen yet.  Here lately, he waves (a little), plays with his sippy cup, babbles and squeals, crawling faster and faster to the pile of empty boxes in the corner, sitting up VERY well on his own, and beginning to stand with some support.  Every day he amazes me more and more.  7 o'clock is bath time, then 8:30 is bed time.  That's 3 hours I get with him a day.  :(

So, for mother's day, I will be taking some time to spend with my son and my husband outside of the house.  That way I have no distractions of things that need to be packed, cleaned, or crafted.  My family will have my UNDIVIDED attention!

I love being a mommy!

Happy Mother's Day to all you lovely mothers out there!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails