Oct 5, 2011

Paper Clock & Wall Decor

I have always loved the wall clocks with the coo coo birds.  I remember visiting my grandmother's friend's house when I was a child and she had one.  It just fascinated me.  The things that hang down from it had what looked like pine cones on them, and it had a squirrel on the roof of it.

In August I had surgery to have my gall bladder removed.  I wasn't expecting to have a week off from work, but I needed it.  I was in quite a bit of pain, and the pain medicine wouldn't put me to sleep.  So once I took it I was pain free for a bit, loopy, but wide awake.  One day I sat in my big comfy chair trying to decide what kind of 3D paper project I wanted to create.  This is what I came up with.

 

I re-used cereal boxes as the frame of the house so that it would be extra sturdy and decorated with some designer paper and cardstock.  This has been hanging on my wall for a while, I'm just now getting around to blogging about it.  Oh, and see those cute little flowers on the wall next to it.  I created those usin my silhouette and just had them laying around my craft desk collected dust. 

I'm terrible about creating things and not displaying them for all to see. 

Linking up to:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails