Alright, my patience ran short after 3 and half eggs being wrapped in "twine". I just don't think I could've done enough eggs for an entire wreath, at least not by Easter. I wanted to complete this wreath for my grandmother. I had bigger plans for it but I'm still happy with the way it turned out.
I had letters with cute circle borders all printed out that would spell out "He Is Risen" but it wouldn't fit on my wreath. I was very disappointed in that. But I think I may have another quick craft to do with those letters, I'll have to do some more thinking.
I cut my wreath form from a piece of cardboard I salvaged from work. I still have enough left to do my tea wreath as well from this same piece of cardboard. I wrapped it in pretty blue yarn, hot glued my 3 eggs and fancied them up with the Easter grass. This part did get messy!
Remember the Pop Flower Gift Tags"? I edited the flower to be blue and made these. I think I may add some glitter to spice these up a bit. Still debating. What do you think? The leaves are cut from a book page and I crinkled them up and "distressed" them with a green sharpie marker. This was my first experience with distressing.
Final touch, my poor, pitiful bow. LOL! I saved this ribbon from a gorgeous diaper cake that I received at my baby shower and finally found a use for it and I feel like it was a bit of a waste. I'll have to get some some cheap ribbon from somewhere and work on my bow making. Anyway, I tried to make a "puffy bow" from some not so good tutorial online and this is what I got.
Overall, this project holds a lot of "firsts" for me. I'm so happy that I did it, it was a stress reliever for me tonight to wrap this thing in yarn... that may sound crazy but it really was. I have been sorta inactive lately due to busy job and busy life in general. I'm happy with where my life is going though and I'm, overall, happy with this project. I look forward to making many more wreaths. Next one, Tea Wreath!