When I found out that we were going to have a baby we decided that there were so many much needed repairs that still needed to be done before we could bring a baby into that home. My mom decided to live there (she was looking for a place) and instead of paying rent she would do all of the repairs.
Now that the major repairs are complete (and with some much needed storage added) we are ready to move back. Tired of apartment living and paying rent when we have a home that is paid off, we're begging for May to hurry up and get here.
My mother will still be staying with us for a while until she gets some more money saved up to build her a house on some property that she purchased not far from us. This post is going to be the 1st of many posts that I will be making about our plans. As I find decor/remodeling ideas I'll be adding more posts to this series. Here's some of our plans and dilemmas, if you have a solution to any of these problems (or suggestions) please, SHARE!
Just because it's 3 bed 2 bath it's still a VERY small home! I don't know the square footage, but just take my word for it. If I were to put a full size bed in either of the 2 smaller bedrooms you wouldn't be able to fit any other furniture in them and have room to walk and get dressed.
- 3 Bedrooms - 4 people - and we need a place to put a work station
- No coat closet or foyer area - I'd like to utilize our front porch for shoes and coat storage.
- Need to redo kitchen on the cheap (new cabinets and possibly new appliances)
- Hubby wants the living room to be Atlanta Falcons colors. I have no problem with that because I can make red, black and white look pretty darn classy without being too girly.
- Painting Aaron's room. His room will be only his room! I want to install a second bar in his closet to hang all of his clothes, make him a toy box, curtains, and a boy-ish rug. I also want to decorate his walls with book pages. I'm leaning towards Dr. Sues.
- My mother has done so much for us I want her to have a nice, comfy room. We'll need to get her a comfortable mattress for a twin sized bed, a comfy chair and an extra matress that can fit underneath the bed for when her other grandkids come to stay the night with a place to stash their toys. Pictures of the family surrounding her.
- Dining room will match the kitchen in decor. I'm thinking we'll have to utilize a corner (as if there is a corner in here) for David's computer and desk. Still debating. It will either be here or in our bedroom (which I really don't think will work out in the end).
- Our bedroom I'd like to be a sanctuary. Browns and blues. Fluffy bed with lots of cute (handmade) pillows, and lots of accessories and memories.