Apr 12, 2010

Make Me Smile Monday

Boy oh boy, was last week a doozey.  I'm ready to get back to the way things were.  I began that last night.  I made cupcakes and decorated them.  This is my first time experimenting with cake decorating.  I bought a small kit the other night, some vanilla icing, and some food coloring.  I think if I decide to continue experimenting with this I'll continue using the store bought icing and such until I get the technique down pat, then I'll test out making my own icing.

I was experimenting with letters.  This is something I need to work on.
Different techniques.  I couldn't figure out what color icing I wanted after the pink.

It started out yellow, then I added a little green, then I added lots of blue.  I wasn't happy with the color but I'll have to plan a little better next time.

Things around the crafty blogosphere that make me smile!

Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick gives us an awesome idea for what to do with a big empty wall.

Linda @ Craftaholics Anonymous made this awesome zipper necklace.  I love how it's interchangeable with other beads.
Lindsey @ Inspiring Creations gives a great tutorial on creating this cute little Mod Podge Bird House with Frame.

I'm really looking forward to completing some crafty projects this week. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails