Aug 29, 2010

Halloween Wreath

Aaron's babysitter LOVES Halloween.  Well, what's not to love, right?
Spooky decorations.
Orange & Black.
Spiders, skeletons, and gobblins... OH MY!

She was telling me about all the decor that she ordered to get her house looking awesome for the special season.

Well, I think I mentioned it before how awesome his babysitter is... if not SHE'S AWESOME!

She's done so much for Aaron and I and I haven't found the opportunity to do anything in return.

So my immediate thought was make her something to add to the decor!

Here's what I came up with.

All items can be found at the Dollar Tree.  I'm still not sure if I like the leaves.  They are just sticking in the Halloween garland, so I can remove them if she doesn't like them.  But the crow and the spider were 2 of my FAVORITE Dollar Tree finds.  I bought extra of both because I definitely want to remake this wreath for myself.  

The garland had these little skulls on them, but I tore them off cause I didn't want them on the wreath.  It's white and black.  I just wrapped 2 of the garland strings around the wreath, and added the craw, spider, skull and leaves.  This was so simple.  Probably took me 10 minutes to make and very affordable.










Photobucket

9 comments:

Lina Thomlinson said...

Looks like I need to get myself over to the Dollar Store for more Halloween goodies! I love what you've done with them all! I've never made a wreath before but I definitely want to, especially after being inspired by one as creepy and cool as yours. Thanks for the tip on using the garland, I never would have though to do that but it really makes the wreath. Spotted your link at Sumo's Sweet Stuff link party.

Leslie said...

I LOVE Halloween too!!!!
and this wreath is super cute.

Happy Monday.

Crystal said...

Wow that is such a fun wreath. Great finds I also love that crow and skeleton.

The Inked Stamper said...

Well you have one lucky babysitter! This is spooky awesomness! She is going to love it..and if she doesn't feel free to ship it to me! ;)

memakingdo said...

What a fun Halloween wreath you did a great job on it! I love things you can make from Dollar Tree items. Thanks for linking up!

brandi @ tales of a domestic goddess said...

too cute! i was just thinking i need a halloween wreath!

=)

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

I am sure she will love it! It came out so cute!

Jami said...

If I start making Halloween decorations, can I go ahead and buy the candy, too?!? Love your wreath! Dollar Store you say? I'll be making a stop there tomorrow!
smiles!

The Fischer Family said...

Awesome wreath! Looks like I need to get myself down to the Dollar Store and get crafting! Too cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails